January 27, 2004
Kerry | Kerry Speech Simulblog
OK … posting it as it happens … forgive the typos (we’ll see how much it varies from the stump):
- Opens with: “I love New Hampshire … and … and I love Iowa, too. And I hope with your help, to have the blessings and the opportunity to love a lot of other states in the days to come.”
- “I have spent my whole life fighting for what I think is right and against powerful special interests … and I have just begun to fight.”
(Bring it on chant breaks out.)
- “I have a message for the influence peddlers … big oil … special interests that now call the White House home: We’re coming, you’re going, and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.”
- “This victory also belongs to the veterans who marched with us.”
- “I depended on the same band of brothers that I depended on 30 years ago … we’re a little older, and a little grayer … but I’ll tell you this: We still know how to fight for our country … I pledge that those who wear the uniform of the United States of America will have a voice and a champion in the Oval Office.”
- “Together we can lift our country up, up to the America that all of us know we can become. So stand with me.”
… and now FOX breaks to Edwards …
Posted by Alan at January 27, 2004 09:33 PM
Yup, I just love this guy…just another man of the people, railing against the “special interests” and the like, with his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, married to her 2nd US Senator with a humongous (several hundred million) inheritance from the first, innocently at his side. And there’s his good ol’ buddy, Teddy Chappaquidick. They are sooo righteous and moral. I’m gonna throw up.
Posted by: TomTom at January 27, 2004 10:53 PM
Thanks for signing in,
Now you can comment. (Click here should you choose to sign out.)
As you post your comment, please mind our simple comment policy: we welcome all perspectives, but require that comments be both civil and respectful. We also ask that you avoid the extensive use of profanity, racist terms (neither of which we consider civil or respectful), and other boorish language.
We reserve the right to delete any comment, and to prohibit you from commenting on this site, if we feel you have broached this policy. As a courtesy, we will first send you an email noting a violation so you understand the boundaries. This will occur only once, however, and should we ban you from our comment forums we expect that ban to be permanent.
We also will frown upon those who suggest that we ban other individuals for voicing unpopular opinions, should those opinions be voiced in a civil and respectful manner. The point of our comment threads is to provide a forum for spirited though civil and respectful discourse … it is not to provide a forum in which everyone will agree with your point of view.
If you can live by these rules, welcome aboard. If not, then we’re sorry it didn’t work out, and thanks for visiting The Command Post.